Saturday, December 28, 2013

Days 11 --Feast at Lele and 12 Chillaxin on the West Side

Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka to All!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and spent it with your family or good friends!

Day 11 we had to go to the post office to ship our purchases home, so after a leisurely breakfast on the balcony, we loaded our boxes in the car and headed for the post office.  Walt and I tend to do this each trip, but when I saw my mama's box, I knew where I inherited it from!  HA!  I was doing most of my shopping as Christmas gifts for family and friends because it was really going to be crunch time if I waited til after Thanksgiving to start shopping.  With all that happened in December, I am so thankful that I did!  Although....it really makes no sense to ship stuff back from Hawaii and then ship it again to family across the country.  I mean, I love giving gifts from Hawaii, but the shipping twice is the dumb thing.  Oh well, it's what I like to do, so enough said.

We stopped for a quick lunch at Honokowai Okazuya and Deli. We decided to do take out and I ordered the Kung Pao Chicken, Walt had the teriyaki steak.  Mama had a sandwich.  We enjoyed the entree with rice and veggies.  I like hot food so the kung pao was a little mild for my taste, so I just added more hot sauce.  It was very good food tho, not expensive and I would go again.  There were several choices for various people's taste buds.  

We got ready about 4:00 and left for Lahaina.  Tonight was the Feast at Lele!
We were excited to take mama!  Walt and I had been to the Old Lahaina Luau previously and it is,  in our opinion, the best luau we have ever attended.  This time, however, I didn't want to stand in a food line, I wanted something a little more personal and special.  At the Feast of Lele, you are seated at your own table, waited on hand and foot for each portion of the show and you just felt special.  That's what I wanted for mama this night.  








The location is right on the beach and I really don't think there is a bad table in the place.  They are more of a Polynesian Review, rather than a luau.  They do 4 different shows, representing 4 different regions,  Hawaii, New Zealand, Tahiti and Samoa.  




Hawaii Menu 

Tahiti Menu

New Zealand Menu

Samoa Menu

Mama's Dessert

My Dessert

Walt's Birthday Dessert



Between each region is food served and a show based on that region.  When I first looked at the menus online, I wasn't sure I would enjoy the foods but I did try everything and there were only a couple items I didn't really care for, everything else tasted great to me and my family.  


























The service was spectacular and so was the show! 





Grand Finale!



I found out that my mama is a little flirt!  Boy she really liked our waiters and wanted a picture of them and it wasn't enough for just the picture....I had to ask them if they would give her a hug or hold her hand in the picture!!!




For anyone who wants to do a luau, but not just any old luau, I would highly recommend The Feast at Lele.  We had a ball!




Day 12

We really had no agenda today, except to take mama to the Walmart to fill her prescriptions.  We just wanted to relax, enjoy our last day on the west side and do whatever we felt like.  

We went to another craft fair at the Westin and saw our new friend Kahu, so we stopped and visited with him a while.  



The grounds and buildings at the Westin were very pretty.  It looked like they were doing some construction on the outside of several of the rooms.  Not sure but maybe adding more balcony areas?













Next stop was at Walmart to get mom her prescriptions refilled.  We snooped around the store for a good hour waiting for them, which in our case IS NOT a good thing.......more shopping but we were mindful, that whatever we bought had to go in the suitcase, so we were pretty good.  I found a steal tho on Hawaiian Calendars....99 cents each!  

Once we got the medicine, we decided to go to the Mall in Kahului.  We were hungry and it was starting to cloud up pretty good, looking like rain, so we thought we would take a little respite. 




We had not been to Maui Taco's yet, so that's where we had a quick lunch.  It started raining, and really hard.  The mall is open air, so we had to watch were we walked and tried to duck the rain along the corridors. We were in luck, however, because there was a Christmas Show in the center of the mall, so we watched for a while.






We headed back to Lahaina for one more stroll down Front Street.  I still had not found my charms for my Hawaiian Charm Bracelet!  I browsed a few more jewelry stores.  One man was good enough to give me 20% off if I paid in cash, Sold!!  I purchased two of my favorite things about Hawaii to start my bracelet, a honu and a gecko!

Kimos was going to be the last meal on the west side, so off we went for an early meal! 

The rain finally stopped and the clouds began to break.

We had happy hour fare and drinks and enjoyed our last night in Lahaina!



Back at the condo, we were treated to the most beautiful sights in the sky.  What better way to say good by to Honokawai, right???
 





Pele????







Tomorrow is our final day in Maui and it is a surprise to Walt and Mama!
They don't have a clue where we are going and what we will be doing!  Til then...

Aloha!
Cin

No comments:

Post a Comment